Sunday, January 13, 2013

Learning To Swim!

I started swim lessons through Minnetonka Aquatics program today. It will run every Sunday afternoon through the middle of March. My swim teacher was very nice and veeeeeery patient! There are 2 other boys in my Sailor 1 class.
 Let's get in the pool!
 Ahhhh...not yet!
 2 other swim teachers helped me take my time getting in...they coaxed me into going back with my class! (My Mom couldn't hear us but I was cracking the girls up!)
 I did it!
I was so chatty with my teacher...here I am telling her about my trampoline at home!
 She took me floating on my back...
 Kicking my legs...(in this picture you can see the little platforms we stand on with handle bars)
My Mom and Dad were betting I wouldn't even leave the bleachers at my first class! By the end of the half hour I was jumping from the ledge! My parents are so excited for my new skills I am developing! Lake Minnewaska here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Leah - I am so proud and glad you are learning to swim. I hope maybe I can see you swim in Lake Harriet or Lake Minnetonka this summer. What a fish (or puppy) you are!

    ReplyDelete